Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Family Cabin Time!

This past weekend we headed up near Oakley, Utah to visit our family's cabin! We had a wonderful time! We ate a lot, played tons of games (Keith and I are badmitten champions!), caught up with the fam, and relaxed! My whole family was there! My parents, all 5 sisters, 1 brother, their spouses and children! (28 all together!) The weather was cool and the scenery was gorgeous!
We played in the beautiful (& COLD) Weber river!
Hannah had a blast with her cousins!
All 11 of them! (plus 1 brother) (Oh! & congrats Mel, 1 more on the way!)
Jumping on the tramp! Crack the Nick (I mean egg)!
Having a dutch oven cookout down at the firepit! Thanks Papa! It was delicious!




7 comments:

Veena said...

Oh my gosh!! Reading this now must mean you are back in LV. Last night we had a RS thingy and a few people asked me about you!! You are missed here. You'd better come and visit us next time, OR ELSE!

Keri said...

The cabin looks so fun and I want to play crack the Nick!

Let's plan a camping trip, your pictures made me want to plan one :)

Lori said...

How fun!!! It looks like you guys had SUCH a great time up in Utah ... i love all the pictures! Just seeing all the trees and creeks and green, i swear i just felt a draft over here! =) It's over though, back to our excessive heat warning. Hannah and Nick are so lucky to have so many cousins to play with ... it looks like some serious fun was had by all!!! Let me know when you're settled back in and feel like getting together. If our yard wasn't so tiny, we'd have to set up our badmitten net and take you and Keith on ... badmitten is the best!!! We'd be absolutely willing to let a couple of high profile badmitten champions like yourselves totally wipe the floor with us! =)

The Cook's said...

We were all glad to see the Vegasites and wish you were closer, however we all know who the real shuttle-cock champions are. :)

Hope to see you guys again real soon.....

Laurel said...

That looks so beautiful where you are at. I would be depressed to come home. How fun that you can do those kinds of things. Nothing can beat family. All those cousins is just so sweet. I am sure Hannah was just in heaven. Glad you are back so we can be sad together that we still live in Las Vegas:)

Laurel said...

P.S. I am really good at badminton so bring it on!!!

Unknown said...

That looks awesome! Oh my goodness to be in all that green scenery would be so nice! That's awesome that your whole family was able to make it! And look at you...you're getting better than me at keeping your blog updated! :)