Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our little family headed to Utah to spend the holiday with family. Thanksgiving day was really busy and a little crazy. We started out having family pics taken at 8:30 am. 2 grandparents, 14 aunts and uncles, and 17 cousins! I'll let you know how they turned out! Since we had such a crowd my parents "rented" the church for the day. We spent it playing basketball, watching movies, coloring, painting fingernails, catching up, cooking and running around! It took 4 long tables to seat everyone and it was super fun! A few of our many cousins. Some were napping or eating!

My best friends in the world. My mom and sisters!

We also celebrated Christmas with Keith's mom since we won't be heading back up in Decemeber. She was very generous with gifts and made us a yummy German dinner. Thanks Grandma!
My mom turned 65 Sunday and we threw her a surprise party too! We watched the Utes lose (sniff sniff), played in the snow, ate lots of yummy takeout and got to little sleep. We are still recovering. (I did 7 loads of laundry yesterday!) But we wouldn't trade all the craziness for a minute! Family, friends, food and fun! Our favorite things.

7 comments:

Matt, Sarah, Zachary, Savannah, Dylan, Ryan said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving!! Next time you come to town give me a call. I would love to see you!!

Fausett Family said...

Sounds Busy! Hope you got some rest today.

Veena said...

I'm glad you had such a great trip!! "Renting the Church" sounds like a blast. And all of your family pictures are so beautiful too.

Keri said...

We loved seeing you and these pictures are super cute! Hope we can come see you in January after the craziness of the holidays!

Lambeth Family said...

That's funny you guys had to rent out the church. We had to do that once too. Sorry about your utes, but HOORAY for my COUGARS;)

Melanie said...

I didn't even know you took that picture of the cousins, I guess i was feeding Jameson. That was a fun weekend! You beat me, I only did 6 loads of laundry.

marilee said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT time! Sorry to miss you while you were up in SLC. But we were in Zion. Would love to catch up - call if you have a spare moment inbetween lifes craziness.