Friday, May 28, 2010

The Graduates!

Wednesday Nicholas graduated from his 1st year of preschool! He had such a great year and learned so much. He knows most of his letters and sounds. He knows his numbers and can count really high! He is doing great with writing and drawing and has such a fabulous imagination. He earned a special award for "Following Directions"! He has been carpooling with his good friend Brooklyn and has made many new friends this year! Way to go Nicholas!

Hannah graduated from Kindergarten today! This year has just zoomed by! She loves school. She has lots of friends and really liked her teacher Miss P. She is a beautiful artist and can draw anything! She has really picked up on reading and writing and is amazing at both! I know I wasn't nearly so smart in Kindergarten! She loved riding the bus and can hardly wait to start 1st grade in the fall and eat lunch at school!


We are so proud of our little graduates! Education is so important and we are so grateful they have enjoyed school and excelled so much this year!

On a side note Jack is really looking forward to being able to nap this summer. The poor guy suffered severely from 3rd child syndrome this school year. He was constantly being woken up to go to the bus stop, pick someone up or run someone somewhere!
Now watch out summer here we come!

7 comments:

Mom said...

Oh Allie, Those beautiful children melted my heart as I looked at their pictures. They are really growing up!! I too am grateful that they love school and are good students. It is SO important!! As a former kindergarten teacher I'm sure you had a LOT to do with their success. Thanks for being such a GREAT MOM! Love, Mom

Lori said...

Is it me or did your kids age an entire year since we saw you a few weeks ago??? They ALL look so grown up in those pictures. Unbelievable. Congratulations to all the little educated folk under your roof ... not only do they look seriously smart in those graduation caps, but i've met them, and i KNOW they're seriously smart. Glad Jake will finally get some uninterrupted naps this summer ... i know Anistyn feels the same. Give me a call after this weekend and let's get together!

Keri said...

Oh my Gosh!! They are so grown up and too cute! This is super exciting and I am VERY proud of them :) Way to go Hannah and Nick! (and I loved Hannahs dress!) Super excited to see you guys soon!

Melanie said...

Way to go Hannah and Nick! I can't believe how big and smart you both are. I am glad you love school and do so well. My kids are so excited to see you soon! We love you!

Lambeth Family said...

Hasn't this year been way too fast. I am a total basket case. They will never be kindergarten babies again! I am so happy and sad. I hope Kylee and Hannah get the same teacher!! So happy for little Jack and his nap time. Ha!!

Hendricksonblog said...

Cute pics and BTW that picture of you guys in that magazine is soo cute. Keri was bragging but it was brag worthy. Ella was in the newspaper once and we thought it was pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Nick and Hannah! Yeah summer....we're excited to see you! I can't believe how big they all get so quickly!