Monday, August 22, 2011

June 2011

Oh my goodness has it been a busy summer! I have completely neglected my blog! School started today and I figured I better post the summer before back to school so here goes.......
When school ended for the year both Hannah & Nick brought home huge folders with a smattering of artwork done throughout the year! It was all so beautiful! What great artists!
Hannah & Nick took swimming lessons to begin the summer. Hannah was basically swimming laps & working on her strokes & technique! She must have inherited this talent from her Dad. She is a fish & a very good swimmer! Nick loved the lessons and by the end was swimming by himself. I'm such a mean mom though I kept making him wear his life jacket this summer because I can't watch him & Jack at the same time! Impossible! Nice work kids!
Jack was a good sport about sitting on the side of the pool with mom! We had lots of treats!
He also spent a lot of time playing in the backyard! Sometimes clothed, sometimes not!
Of course we did a lot with our cousins. Murray pool was one of our favorite swimming spots this summer because Nick could do the water slide & diving board in his life jacket & I could sit back and relax. Nana treated us all to Popsicles! Thank you!
We also had a few things left on our list from last summer and we finally made it to Red Butte Gardens up by the University of Utah. We went just before it got too hot and the kids had a blast with their Raymond cousins. It was gorgeous!
We also went swimming with our good friends the Murphy's at American Fork pool. We had a few really fun hours before we were chased away by a hailstorm! :) I didn't know we could run so fast!
Pretty packed & fun June! Okay now for July......

3 comments:

Veena said...

Looks like lots of fun!!! I'm glad that we got to be part of your summer ... even though we kept getting rained out. :)

Lambeth Family said...

Ahhh what a fun summer. Good to see all of you. I quit blogging, but I like to peek at others once in a while. Might do digital scrapbooking instead :) Hope all is well!!

Lori said...

Holy cow, June looked like a fun month for you guys! Way to go Nick on learning how to swim all by himself, that's awesome! And you guys better give us a call when your roll through town in September ... I can't wait to see you all!!!