Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa Encounters

We had a lot of fun chances to see good Old Saint Nick this year! The first was at our ward Christmas party where we saw a reindeer, an elf and Father Christmas! I didn't get a picture but Keith kissed the reindeer on the mouth!
We wrote Santa some letters with our wish lists and sent them off to the North Pole. A few days later he wrote us back and the kids got official certificates for being on the "nice" list. Way to go guys!
Jack did make the nice list (barely) but was napping when the mail came.
We also took the kids to the Utah Symphony to see Here Come Santa Claus. It was fun. They play familiar Christmas music and the kids get to sing along and ring bells.
The line to sit on Santa's lap was really long and we were so disappointed we didn't get to see him. But we hadn't been home more than 10 minutes when the doorbell rang and standing on our front porch was Santa himself with candy canes and oranges for the kids. They were ecstatic!
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Keri said...

I am glad you updated this because I love hearing about everything you are doing during the holiday season :) I am pretty sure I say this everytime, but when can I come see you guys??!!?!?

Lori said...

Alright so, text to go along with these super cute pictures is even better! I see that you guys really ARE up to no good, just as I suspected. :) Anistyn will barely make the "good" list this year too, she and Jack would get along famously right now, I imagine. Also, can't believe Keith kissed a reindeer on the mouth! I hope you had him brush and floss and use Scope and maybe even light a match inside his mouth immediately afterward. ;) I LOVE THE NIGBUR'S!!!

Unknown said...

What the??!! How did you get a Santa to show up on your porch! haha Wow...so many fun things you've done. I'm not sure we've done a good job this year with fun things, but now you've inspired me to do better for next year! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok so you can't borrow our idea of "here comes Santa Claus" and not invite us! WTH! Jk i'm sure you don't want to hang out with rif-raf like us ;)