Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gearing up for Christmas!

So we started counting the weekends left until Christmas and decided we better start packing in some actitvities before the holiday passes us by! This weekend we really turned up the Christmas spirit in our house by decorating and putting up our tree!

We also decorated a gingerbread house and some gingerbread men! Hannah & Nick had a great time getting their fingers sticky with icing and eating every other candy they stuck on!
Finally we made the trek to Boulder City to ride the Santa Train! Nicholas could hardly wait to board the "choo choo" and see the Big Guy!

We had a few hours in kill in Boulder City while we waited to catch our train so we decided to drive up to Hoover Dam and check it out! Keith had a great time and thought it was really neat! It was cool but I think a lot of it was lost on the kids!
It was such a fun & busy weekend! We better get geared up because we still have 2 more before Christmas! I hope they are just as packed with fun holiday activities!

10 comments:

Fausett Family said...

It looks like you were pretty busy as well. Saterdays are precious in December.

Laurel said...

wow what a fun weekend. that train ride looks like fun. i would like to try it out:) love the tree. i am sure that your house smells so nice. i love those huge gingerbread man.

The Yates Family said...

Wait, I didn't know you were pregnant! I'm assuming by your pregnancy calendar that you are... please correct me if I am wrong. If so, CONGRATS! That's so exciting for you guys!

Anyway, looks like you guys are getting geared up for Christmas. I had no clue about the Santa train. Maybe we'll be doing that soon too. Jocey's so excited for Santa, she asks every night if he's coming. :)

Naquel said...

You guys are great parents! You do such cute things with your kids! I'm glad you had such a fun weekend.

Naquel said...

hey this is Naquel- Chris set up a Blogger account for me, so that I don't embarrass him with phrases like "cute"

Unknown said...

haha, I laughed at Naquels comment.

Um, how do you hear about these things...I have never heard of that train before! Not that I might go...too long of a drive! But it does sound fun. And yeah, you got your tree up! I know you got a real one last year...is this one real?

Lori said...

How fun! Looks like the Nigbur Family is officially in full-on Christmas swing! Love all the pictures you posted ... your kids are seriously too cute! We've never made the trek out to Boulder City for the Santa Train, but have heard it's tons of fun ... good for you guys!

marilee said...

waiting to hear...allison! read something on annie's blog. let me know!

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a great time on the Polar Express. Your kids are so darling! Congrats on you pregnancy, you hide it well!

Anonymous said...

That Santa looks like he is sweating pretty well!