Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our 2009 Family Cabin Trip

Over the past weekend we went up to my family's cabin. It is such a beautiful place. It is right on the Weber River just outside of Oakley Utah. We love it up there! It was so green and cool. A great break from the Vegas heat! My kids love playing with their cousins and it's fun to catch up with my parents and all my siblings. We played games, went hiking, did a little fishing, played in the river and ate lots of yummy food! We always have a great time and we can't wait to go again next summer!

Our little family hiking to the waterfalls!
Everyone was there! 2 parents, 6 sisters, 1 brother, 1 sister in law, 6 brothers in law and 17 cousins! Plus my sister annouced one more on the way! That's a lot of people sharing 3 bathrooms! :)
Me, 2 of my sisters and my sister in law all had babies this year! From left to right; Melanie & Jameson, Christine & Alex, Me & Jack and Emily & Maren! The fabulous foursome!

Keith paintballing with the guys!


Hannah jumping on the tramp with her cousins! She had such a blast....we hardly saw her except for mealtime and bedtime!

Hannah "sharing" Isaac's big catch!

Nicholas fishing for the first time! What a stud!

15 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a great time! Lucky you to get out of the heat! We miss you walking..hope you can come back soon!

Keri said...

THIS LOOKS SO FUN! And hold the phones - who is pregnant . . . . Lynette? Didn't everyone else have babies recently? Wait, or Georgia? Why isn't it posted?!?!?!? We Miss you Guys - thank you for the super cute post!!
**hey my verification word is incink - sounds like nsync huh? how fitting!**

Veena said...

Fun times! Your family cabin is so awesome. So are you still here? Then you'd better come visit us in our new house!

Lizzy said...

What a fun time! Pretty impressive that your whole family was there all at once. Dan's parents are thinking about buying a place in Midway, I hope they hurry so we can have fun like that!

Lambeth Family said...

Oh how I love those kind of trips. Such a blast. It is soooo pretty and green up there. Looks like you had such a great time.

marilee said...

Hey, who is pregnant? Georgia? I swear we were just talking about that... I'm sorry that I didn't get to see you this trip. I need holding time with JACK. Since the last time I saw you I was to busy to get in any cuddle time :(.

Lori said...

How fun!!! It looks like everyone had a great time ... LOVE the picture of Nick fishing, he's the portrait of a serious fisherman. Let us know if you're up for getting together soon ... for some mediocre company and some even less than mediocre food ... sounds enticing, huh? =)

The Cook's said...

Wow, that post was fast! You forgot that most of these years we have only had one bathroom. We loved seeing ya! Your kids are adorable.

Matt, Sarah, Zachary, Savannah, Dylan, Ryan said...

Looks like so much fun!! I have fond memories of your cabin. I bet that is so much fun having all your sisters with new babies!! Who's prego? Is is Georgia?

Naquel said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm so glad you came walking with us tonight. It was fun chatting with you again:) We have missed you!

Me said...

How funny, we are going to Oakley Utah this weekend. I didn't think anyone else knew where that was! :) Looks like a great time. It's always nice to get a break from real life.

Laurel said...

Wow what a fun filled trip. I love Hannah sticking her tongue out in that family picture! You look so great how do you do it. I dont know about you but I am glad summer is over and the kids are back in school and we can get on some kind of schedule:)

Melanie said...

What a great post Allie. You are so good at taking pictures, your kids will love looking back when they are older. You are a great mom! That was a fun trip, we are sad we had to cut it short.

Mom said...

What cute pictures! I'm glad I was there to enjoy it all.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, Keri, Sarah, and Merilee I'm the one who's prego! Allie those pics are adorb, you are such a good Mom and so on top of it!