Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Grand Canyon

This weekend we went to the Grand Canyon. We have never been there before and have wanted to go ever since we moved to Vegas. Seeing it for the first time was a little overwhelming. It is gianourmous! I had anxiety about one of my kids or husband falling over the edge. It truly was beautiful and amazing. Something you need to see at least once in a lifetime. We had a lot of fun eating out, driving around the park, buying souvenirs, swimming at the hotel and spending time together as a family!

Our one family picture! Thanks to the stranger who very patiently took it!
Hannah & Nick became Jr. Rangers!
Okay that's a little too close to the edge! Step back!

The very cool watchtower! Hannah thought it was a princess castle!
What a gorgeous sight! (of the canyon I mean!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great thing to do!! We should have done that too!!! Looks like you all had fun...glad you could get away and do something fun! Love the pictures too! So cute!

Fausett Family said...

We've been saying that for the last 9 years. Maybe we will go soon. I went once in high school with some friends. It is pretty amazing. Glad you're back and had a great time.

Veena said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! When we went, I spent the whole time scared that Aaron would just start running and go off the edge somewhere. But we were safe. Glad you were all safe too!!

Mugga said...

I can't believe you didn't blog about Hannah's poor hat!
I am super jealous and this looks really amazing - LOVE your comment about the last picture :) Hilarious!
Hope to see you guys soon!
(I am sure you already know, but this is Keri)

Laurel said...

You should have told us you were going and we would have met you there and gone with you. Looks so beautiful. Its been so long since I have been and I know for sure I would have a major anxiety attack! What a fun family trip.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! We wish we would have come!

Melanie said...

What a fun trip. We wanted to do that before we moved, it just never worked out. Maybe we can go when we come to visit you. I hope it warms up for you in Vegas. I have worn jeans everyday in Hailey, I love it!