Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Nutwinkles!

These are the 3 little people I love most in this world! Sometimes I am not always good at remembering that so this post is a little tribute to them!

I love blogging because it is such a great way to keep family and friends updated on your family! Here are updates on my 3 little nutwinkles!
Hannah earned her orange belt in Tae Kwon Do last weekend! She received a gold medal for doing the best on her forms and kicks. Way to go Hannah! She has really found her talent and is excelling in her class! She has lost 2 teeth and has one more really loose! I hope she doesn't end up missing all 4 front teeth at the same time! (Can you imagine trying to eat like that!?!) I think Hannah is very mature and grown up for her age. I sometimes think she is 6 going on 16. Maybe that's what you get with an oldest child. She loves Kindergarten and is becoming an excellent reader and writer. She also is a beautiful artist! Keep up all the good work Hannah!

Nick is loving preschool and goes 2 days a week. He is starting to learn his numbers and letters and he draws some hilarious pictures! He also is in a playgroup with some friends in the ward that meets once a week! He is going to start playing soccer in March. We spend a lot of time together while Hannah is at school and Jack is napping. I love him so much! He often makes me laugh out loud (and sometimes he makes me cry too!) He can be quite the charmer and has a fabulous imagination. When Nick is playing or excited he yells out "Yeehaw Cowboy!". Not sure where he picked that up but it is very funny! Love you Nick!

Jack is doing great as well! He is almost 9 months! Can you believe it? He still has his helmet and will probably have to wear it for 6 more weeks! But we hardly notice it anymore...it's just become part of who he is! He is down to only 1 physical therapy session a week and is showing great improvement! He is at this beautiful stage where he can sit and play with toys on the floor forever but can't go anywhere. I call it the "golden stage of babyhood"! He loves table food and is probably a better eater than Nick! Jack makes this adorable clicking noise with his tongue when you give him a kiss or tell him "I love you". I swear it's his way of saying "I love you too"! Hip hip hooray for Jack! We are so glad you are part of our family!

Now for my biggest nutwinkle of all! My sweet and adorable husband! He is so good to us! He works so hard to provide for our family! He is the greatest Dad! He is also the bestest friend and husband a gal could ask for! I never dreamed that when he dragged me to Vegas nearly 4 years ago we'd still be here but now I know that home really is where ever he is! The other night Jack woke up while I was out walking with the ladies. When I got home I found this.....my boys vegging out on the couch watching football! They had this guilty look on their faces like they had been caught doing something naughty! Like staying up way too late!
I'm so grateful to have these 4 nutwinkles in my life! They are the reason I am such a nutwinkle too! I love and adore each and every one of 'em!

14 comments:

Lambeth Family said...

Yes you do have some wonderful nut winkles. I think that Hannah is so cool for taking tae kwon do. What a little stud she is.

Lori said...

SUCH a cute post ... we absolutely adore your family (as you know) ... but each and every one of you is so unique and so amazing ... and together, well ... you just don't get much better than the Nigbur family!!! We love you guys! p.s. Avery has the flu (she sends her regards to poor nick) ... what do you say we get together and have dinner on the "sick side" at desert valley pediatrics ... i think that's where we belong. =)

marilee said...

Cute post Allison... Your kids are beautiful. It's crazy that our babies are almost 9 months. Where did the time go? You got a new couch? It your denim one bite the dust? Ours is getting very faded and old! Can't wait to see you next week!!!!!!!

Laurel said...

You really do have the best family ever! I think Yeehaw Cowboy comes from toy story right? I cant believe that your sweet little baby is 9 months. Where has the time gone. I am trying to remember to cherish every moment with my kids because it really does fly by. Glad things are going well. Tell Keith we say hi.

Kelly Pia said...

I love the word "nutwinkles"...it is an Allison word. Your kids are darling and it's fun to see what they are up to. Hannah is one tough little girl...she won't need to have Keith ward off the boys...she'll do it herself.

Naquel said...

You really do have a wonderful family:) Our family is so glad to know all of you and have you as our friends. Your a great mom and wife they are lucky to have you too.

Veena said...

It's so fun to see what you guys have been up to. I can't believe it's been 4 years since you left for Vegas. Just the other day we were watching some home video of Sara going for a walk in front of your house when it was still your house. Crazy.

Melanie said...

What a cute post Allie, I loved reading it. It really makes me miss you nutwinkles. It is crazy how similar are kids are. I can't believe Jack is so big, he looks chunky. It will be fun to see him and you next weekend. Tell your kids hello from the Griffys. We sure do miss you guys. We also miss being able to ride in the wagon outside in February. I am jealous.

Lizzy said...

I love the face stickers! You have such a great family :-)

Anonymous said...

Well I know you're my sister using such words as "nutwinkles"! How adorable your kids are (and Keith:) I'm so excited to see you and Jack next weekend!

The Cook's said...

You aren't suppose to make your readers cry when they read your posts! You are such a wonderful loving wife, mother and woman and this post just goes to show that. Thanks for reminding me that our families are something we need to cherish and be gratefuk for. Love ya!

Lambeth Family said...

You can blame miss Stacey Leach for the $2. That's what Kyla got so I felt like I had to do the same:)
Oh and Kelly does the dust. (I'm just a big copy cat!!! :)

BYUMOMMY said...

What a great post my cute friend! I am so glad to call you friend. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your sense of humor and love to read about your adventures. Have a great week!

Mom said...

Congratulations Hannah on your orange belt; we're proud of you!
We would love to come watch you at one of your events. I'll talk with your mom about it.
Love, Nana & Papa