Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Utah Weekend Away!

My older sister Georgia had her baby at the end of January and I just had to go meet him while he was still teeny tiny! He is absolutely gorgeous & precious! If Jack were just a little older I think you could talk me into having another one! I felt like Dug in the movie UP when he says "Hello. I have just met you and I already love you!" Welcome little Andrew Jacob Raymond....you are too cute!

Jack was such a joy to have all by himself! We flew and he did great on the plane. He got a lot of attention from everyone and was so happy and smiley the entire trip! He also was a champion sleeper. There must be something about a cool dark Utah basement! I sometimes feel like because he was such a hard infant we didn't get a lot of quality bonding time. This trip more than made up for it! He kept looking around wondering where those other 2 kids that are so demanding of me were. I think we loved having each other all to ourselves!
We had Sunday dinner at my parents and there are so many babies in my family I'm afraid we are not much help to each other. "Here I'll hold your baby if you hold mine!"
In 5 days I ate out 7 times! (I am going to need to kick up the walking!) I got to spend lots of time with my mom and sisters. My sister Melanie was in town from Idaho and I spent one night with my sister Emily and her girls while her husband was out of town. I also went out to lunch with my girlfriends from high school Marilee & Sarah. I went to visit my old neighbor & dear friend Veena and see her beautiful new home. Plus I got to see my sister in law Keri and my mother in law Dottie! Lots and lots of big girl bonding time (plus Jack!)
A special thanks to my wonderful Mom & Dad who were the greatest hosts! Thanks for all the yummy food and late night cards! You are the best parents a gal could ask for and the coolest grandparents on the planet! Jack sends hugs & kisses!
As for Hannah and Nick.....don't feel too bad for them. They got left behind with their completely awesome father! (Thanks honey for making this possible for me! You truly are the best!) They went to a hockey game and a movie and ate out way too much as well! When I got home the house was clean, the laundry was done and dinner was made! I am spoiled rotten! What a fun Utah weekend away! Anyone want to join me and do it again soon?!?

10 comments:

Matt, Sarah, Zachary, Savannah, Dylan, Ryan said...

It was good to see you. You look great! I am impressed with Keith. That was so nice of him to have the house all clean and dinner ready. What a sweetie!!

Naquel said...

Glad you had a great time! You deserve it. Jack looks so cute with that big smile on his face. Sounds like Keith had some great bonding time with Hannah and Nick. They did a lot of fun things while you were gone! Way to go! There is nothing better than coming home to a clean house:)

Veena said...

Oh, Allison, it was so great to see you! I'm glad you had such a fun trip. Lots of family, friends, and eating out--eating out is the best way to eat on a vacation :) We'd love to see you again either in March or May (or both!).

Melanie said...

You are so good at taking pictures, I did not take any on my trip. I am sad that I only got to see you Saturday. We should have planned another time to hang out. But it sounds like you were a busy girl. We had a lot of time with my in-laws, plus Jameson got a little sick on Sunday. I am glad you had a fun trip we will see you again soon hopefully.

Mom said...

Hey Allie, Thanks for staying with us! It was wonderful having you & Jack here. Thanks to your fabulous husband as well for being such a terrific & unselfish dad. Love, Mom & Dad

marilee said...

I am so happy that I was part of your fun weekend! Thanks for planning lunch. It was great to catch up with you and Sarah!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome vacation to me! Jack is so stinkin cute...always looks SO happy!!!

Lori said...

What a fun getaway! And how cute is your new nephew??? My goodness! I'm so glad you were able to get away and spend quality with Jack ... sounds like you guys had a GREAT time together! ... and way to go Keith for being such a rock star while you were away! I'm SOOOO making Jared read this post, so he can see what other men are capable of while their wives are away! =)

Anonymous said...

Allie, you are the blogging queen! It was so fun to see you and cute Jackers, thanks for coming to see Drew and the crew. We love you!

The Cook's said...

We just love that Jack Jack, he is so sweet. Thanks for hanging out. I just opened your thank you card and pictures, you truly must slow down chicka you make me look like a loser!