Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Nutcracker 2010

One of the things I remember about being little was going to the Nutcracker at Capitol Theater with my ballet class. We went out to lunch before & my mom & Oma came too! I felt so grown up and it was so much fun having my mom & Oma all to myself. My Oma bought me a nutcracker during intermission and I still have it on my mantel. I wanted to recreate that memory with Hannah and I thought this was the year that she was finally big enough to sit through the Nutcracker! We got all dressed up and took some pictures in front of the tree.

We drove downtown and parked at Keith's building and walked 2 blocks to Capitol Theater. She was so excited & looked so big in her darling coat & boots. After thinking very hard she picked out a purple nutcracker (surprise surprise). She loved the show and sat wide-eyed through the whole thing. It was wonderful! She said her favorite part was Mother Buffoon. (The big lady/man with all the kiddos under the skirt!) That was my favorite part when I was little too!


We went to dinner after at the Cheesecake Factory. (her choice). We split a salad, pasta & peppermint cheesecake. It was so fun being with just her and having a girls day out! Love you Hannah! Can't wait for many more mother/daughter dates to come!

(I think we've already started planning the next.....who's in for The Little Mermaid at Tuacahn next summer?)

12 comments:

Keri said...

This post is melting my heart! She does look so grown up and I love the tradition! Mark me a yes for Little Mermaid :)

marilee said...

what a great tradition! love the nutcracker, too. i want to take the girls to the little mermaid.

Naquel said...

What a fun mom you are! I'm sure Hannah had a great time, sounds like fun! You both look great all dressed up for the night.

Fausett Family said...

It reminds me of going to see the Nutcracker for a field trip in elementary school. I loved it. I wish they had it here. It also reminds me I need to do more things with just Elena. She is growing up too fast and before I know it she won't want to go anywhere with me. Miss you guys. Since Christmas has started and we are saying St. Nick alot, Rex is back to telling me how sad he is and that he misses his friend Nicholas.:(

Lori said...

This is the sweetest thing ever! What a perfect mother/daughter date. Hannah looks so darling all dressed up ... as do you. Please pencil us in for The Little Mermaid next summer ... we would love it! I'm really missing you guys these days ... i hope we can get up there soon. Love and hugs to you ALL.

Anonymous said...

What a great Mommy/daughter date! You are such a great Mom Allie, I can't wait to take Abby- we are in for the Little Mermaid next year!

Laurel said...

I really am in awe of all that you do with your kids. You are such a great mom. Hannah is such a cute grown up girl it is so sad. How nice that you have so many things to do to keep you busy!

Veena said...

What a fun mommy/daughter date!!! Me and Sara are in for The Little Mermaid!!!

Lizzy said...

So fun! I love the Nutcracker, I made Dan go with me last year :-) I can't wait until Macey is old enough for it!

Melanie said...

What a fun date with your adorable daughter. Eliza has a Nutcracker and she has seen the movie, Barbie and the Nutcracker. I thought about taking her this year, but we do not live in SLC. Maybe we can come down next year with you. We are in for Little Mermaid too! I know all the songs, I used to be Ursula you know! Last year was so much fun!

The Cook's said...

I am so sorry Cam ruined the surprise, but it looks like you guys still had fun! I echo all the comments saying you are a great mom! But like I said you need to fill me in on the cool stuff so I can be cool too! You know we are in the for the Little Mermaid. Tarzan was a great time, minus the swimming pool fiasco, I won't let the peer pressure get to me this time!

Mom said...

Allie, What a sweet post! You are a good mom and you and Hannah both look beautiful. I'm glad you have such positive memories of the Nutcracker when you were little. Love, Mom