Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving this year! I cooked my first turkey! We had Grandma Dottie over for a late lunch Thanksgiving Day and served turkey with all the fixings! I think it turned out pretty good for the first time. If I ever do it again I might do it differently but no one went hungry! That morning we all went together to see Tangled. It was darling!
Before the big carve! I know it's little but it only had to feed 6!

Hannah made cute little place cards for everyone!

Rub a dub dub! Thanks for the grub!
The next day we celebrated Thanksgivng with my side of the family at Nana & Papa's church. There are so many of us we really don't fit anywhere else! Our kids had fun playing with cousins in the gym! I worked hard on my contribution to the meal, picking up pies at Marie Calendars! (I had to take it easy after my hard work the day before!)

Hannah and some of her fabulous girl cousins!
Crazy Jack!

Luke & Nick, best buddies!

Me, Nana & Jack

We are so grateful this year to be back with friends and family in Utah. Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

The Cook's said...

Looks like I missed a party!

Veena said...

Look at you with your first turkey!! I'm impressed! That's awesome that you have to use the gym--sounds like so much fun!

Unknown said...

You beat me on a Thanksgiving post! I better get crackin! Good for you and your first turkey! Hey, it's ok to start small. ;) We went to see Tangled that morning too and I thought it was SO cute! Might have to buy that one....anyway, glad everything turned out for your Thanksgiving! Looks like fun!

Melanie said...

It was so good to see you and your family. My kids had so much fun too! We can't wait to see you again! Cute pics of the cousins!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you're back here too! It was fun to let all the cousins run around together! I love the rub-a-dub-dub part- is that was your prayer really was?! If it was I'm guessing Keith offered it? JK- luv ya Jiggy!

Lambeth Family said...

How fun! Your house is soooo beautiful. You guys really lucked out! Makes me wanna move :0)

Lori said...

What a lovely Thanksgiving! Congratulations on your first turkey, that is so impressive to me! I still have not taken on that battle ... mainly because Jared insists on dealing with all things bird-related every year. No complaints from me. We miss you guys. Yes, Yes, Yes ... it's warmer here, please visit us ASAP!!!

Mom said...

We are very glad you are back in Utah!! You and your cute family add so much to our whole family!
Your turkey looked yummy!
Love, Mom