Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Girls Weekend!

The thing I miss most about not living in Las Vegas is not seeing my walking club every Mon.-Thurs. night at approximately 8:30! These ladies were my best friends and we share many memories from spending so much time "working out" every weeknight. I didn't have any family in Vegas for a bit and I considered these ladies my Vegas sisters. So we decided to meet up in St. George last weekend for a much need girls weekend away. We've talked about doing this for many years and I guess we finally made it happen.

We ate dinner at the Brick Oven Friday night and did a little shopping. We stayed up until 3:00 in the morning chatting and watching each others wedding videos. We had some great laughs.

What do think of our matching headbands?!? Those would have come in handy walking on windy winter nights! :) L to R: me, Barbs, Kelly, Allison W., Allison F., Naquel

We all bought the same plaque to remember the trip; "A friend is like a four leaf clover, lucky to have & hard to find." Aww!

Saturday we did a little more shopping and went to lunch at 5 guys! Yummy!

Thanks ladies for the great weekend! You are all such great examples to me and I truly value our friendship! Thanks for being so awesome! Can't wait until the next weekend away! Keep in touch! Love you all!

12 comments:

BYUMOMMY said...

Oh Al!!!! We miss you so freakin' much! This weekend was F.U.N!!! and I have not laughed so hard in forever! We really are so lucky to have such a great group of sister-friends! Looooooove it! But no comments about Felix, or honey, or the 5 Guys guy? hehehehehe

Fausett Family said...

I'm ready to do it again! Next weekend anyone?? I miss you so much!

marilee said...

sounds like you had a great time! we need weekends away... we need to get together sometime soon!

troyandbarbs said...

Can't wait to do it again. Miss you already!

Naquel said...

It was great to have you there! You always make me laugh:) I am so glad we finally did it! We always talked about it and it was a blast! Now every time I put red beets in my salad I will think if you!

Laurel said...

I want in next time so let me know when the next one is! Looks like you all had a ton of fun. You all look so great :)

Me said...

waaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm bawling over here! I clearly missed out on an awesome weekend. The only thing that gets me through is knowing we WILL do it again (I agree with Fausett, next week works for me), and I'm going next time no matter what. Looks like so much fun. It would have been great to see you & laugh the night away. Next time for sure. Miss you!

Lori said...

How fun!!! And your matching headbands ... oh my goodness, you girls are a force to be reckoned with! You know, and I'm just putting this out there ... you could always just ... i don't know? ... move back to Vegas? Save yourself the trouble AND money of these necessary weekend getaways. Just a thought ... juuuuuuust a thought. =)

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Thank goodness for St. George, huh?

Kelly Pia said...

LOVED the weekend! LOVED laughing, shopping and eating! Can't wait until next year!!

kristie said...

What a fun weekend you guys had!! That's awesome that you can get together and see friends:) And everyone looks so great!

Mom said...

Allie, Your Vegas sisters are as pretty as your biological sisters!
Love, Mom