Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's!

We were having a very festive "green" dinner (green fettuccine alfredo, green garlic bread & green salad) when the doorbell rang! A leprechaun had left a little gift on our door step with a note that said;

Dear Hannah, Nick & Jack,
Top o' the mornin' to you kids! Today is a magic day! Follow the directions & you will see, A magic potion for you from me! Just add water to the top.....and drink it down, pop, pop, pop! This drink is for a kid, not anyone big I know what you think, you'll dare them to drink! If they do their feet will turn green and this I really mean! Can't catch me.......

-Clancey Laprachaun

The kids tried it and nothing happened but Keith & I must be big because our feet did actually turn green after drinking the potion! Crazy! We spent the rest of the night trying to catch that tricky leprechaun with no luck! Maybe next year we'll get him. Now we are just hoping the green fades before flip flop weather! Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!





(On a side note Jack was terrified of the green feet and wanted nothing to do with me! I had to bribe him with a cookie to get even close and notice he is just watching those feet waiting for something creepy to get him! It was hilarious!)

9 comments:

Keri said...

I have always thought you were the cutest mom, but now it is official!! I hope you catch that pesky guy next year :)

Laurel said...

How fun! Luke had to make a leprechaun trap for school this year and I just assumed that he thought they were not real but I guess I ruined it for him when I was complaining about making it saying that they arent real and this is a waste of time. That is the difference between you and me.... A good mom and a not so good one :)

Lambeth Family said...

Ha ha I want some of that drink!! Cute idea!!

Unknown said...

Oh my, where do you find the energy?! That is SO funny...I love the everyone's faces at the dinner table! haha....such cute ideas. Do I care to try them? well, no, probably not...Laurel's comment cracked me up

Veena said...

Those green feet scare me too! :) You are so cute to do this for your kids. It's so much work to make holidays like that special, but it seems so worth it for the kids and the memories that you make.

marilee said...

my kids are going to want to be in your fun family! the leprechaun(s) totally failed at this house...

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, your kids faces in that first pic ... priceless!!! You guys are adorable ... the level of involvement and creativity put forth by the Nigbur family this St. Patricks Day ... unlike anything I've ever seen! Truly. I'm worried about your feet though ... seriously worried ... it will probably keep me awake an extra 25 minutes tonight, worrying about them and how long it will take them to be fully restored to their natural color. Please, a follow-up picture for the Pryor family when things are Kosher again ... we'd so appreciate it.

P.S. Lazy Mom's/Leprechauns just dye their toilet water green and call it good.

Lori said...

It's just that normally I can show my kids your posts. Not this one though. No way! I would most definitely hear something like, "Mom, our Leprechaun is a JOKE!!!" or "We were robbed of St. Patty's Day fun!" or "That's it! I've had it! I want to move in with the Nigbur's" ... except that last one would be said by me ... =) Miss you guys too!

Melanie said...

What a cute idea. I just let my kids teachers do the fun stuff for St. Patty's Day. But you were a teacher so you have good ideas. That is hilarious that Jack did not want to go to you with your green feet. Maybe I need to dye my feet green.