Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Running in Utah!

When I lived in Vegas I had a great group of ladies I walked/ran with. We did several 5K's together & always had so much fun! It's not as easy to walk in Utah, especially outdoors! But this great group of girls talked me into running my first 5K since moving back. You'd think by May it would be nice enough to run outside but that morning it snowed a ton! Despite the weather it was a lot of fun!
Me & my sister in law Keri! Yes I am wearing ear muffs & gloves! It was freezing!
The finish line! Can you believe Aubrey tried to sprint to the finish & beat me? Crazy lady!
When it finally warms up let's do another one!

7 comments:

Veena said...

Way to go!!! This the year that I think I'll start running. Maybe.

Lori said...

Allie, way to go!!! That's so awesome that you did a 5K! What a fun experience, even if it was freezing (it sure looked freezing!) Jared and I haven't done a 5K since 2002, back when we were living in Portland, and we were getting passed by 10 year olds that looked like they just rolled out of bed ... and Jared and I just wanted to sit down on the curb and cry. Whatever, we got cool t-shirts out of it! p.s. You look adorable in your ear muffs! =)

Unknown said...

Oh boy, that picture of me is horrid! I guess that's what I get for racing you to the end! haha What a fun time though...much more fun than if I had gone by myself!

Lambeth Family said...

yup..pretty sure I don't miss Utah! Glad it is going well for you and the fam!

Naquel said...

Good job Allison! I will miss running 5k's with you!

Melanie said...

Nice job Allie! Too bad the weather was so yucky. I wish I had your dedication, I wanted to run one here but I am too lazy. Way to go!

marilee said...

You look great Allison! Way too go... We need to get together soon. For your birthday?