Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rigby, Idaho!

This weekend we went to visit my sister, her husband & her 3 adorable children up in Rigby, Idaho! We stopped in Idaho Falls (which is about 15 minutes away) first to see the temple & the incredible falls! The water was moving so fast I couldn't stop counting heads every few minutes for fear someone had fallen in!
We feed the geese & ducks and Jack was enamored with it all! A few tried to eat his fingers!

Saturday we went to Bear World! It was amazing! You drove your car through a preserve filled with bear, moose, buffalo, deer, turkeys & lots of other wildlife! They were so close you could have reached out & pet them if they allowed you to unroll your car windows! The kiddos loved it!

This was one bear you could actually pet! Say cheese!

The 3 bears! :) Hannah, Nick & Eliza! There were a few fun rides and these 2 cool cats loved the coaster!

2 studs being extra brave!

Choo Choo! All aboard! I think Jack rode this train about 20 times!

Put your hands up!

There was a petting zoo with goats, pigs, deer, turkeys, a peacock and a few other animals. A baby deer was born that morning and was hiding out behind a rock. It was so adorable! There were also baby bears that you could watch playing and growling! Super cute! We feed the ducks & fish too!

Later that afternoon we went out to lunch, rode bikes (Nick learned how to ride a 2 wheeler without training wheels! Yipee!), went to the school playground, played basketball and ended the busy day with a picnic to the park complete with ice cream cones for dessert! Sunday we went to church with the Griff's and headed home! Rigby is an adorable little town & we had so much fun! We can't wait to go back again soon! Thanks for the fun weekend! We love & miss you!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun-filled weekend!!! Told you a I had a crush on Idaho, this is why. Sooooo much to do! Jack's hair is so blonde ... why is it so blonde? I love it! I would have been freaking out and counting heads next to that fast moving water too ... you should have seen me at Hoover Dam ... a nervous wreck! I popped 2 Advil in advance, just knowing how stressed out I was going to be. =( Miss you guys!

Lizzy said...

What a fun little vacation!

Melanie said...

I haven't even uploaded my pictures to my computer and you have already blogged. Good for you. I guess my post would be very similar. We had such a great time with your family. We were sad to see you go. You are welcome anytime. We hope to visit you soon! Thanks for everything!

Laurel said...

Gosh it looks like you are still cold! You always have fun things to do. Your kids are lucky to have you. Sounds like a fun trip!