Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our Pretty, Pretty Princess!

I don't think that Nicholas realizes he is a boy! Since he spends the majority of his day with 2 girls (me and a big sister he absolutely adores), his gender identity hasn't quite become clear. He is constantly dragging me to the toy room closet and pointing out the princess dress he has chosen to wear. He loves to wear my high heels (even though he is constantly falling on his face!) And he was extremely disappointed when we put him in his swim trunks for the first time this year. He kept hitting his stomach like he was trying to say "Why doesn't my suit look like yours and Hannah's?" He is such a sweetheart though. He wants to be just like his big sis. What can you do? We love him exactly the way he is!


See what I mean? He wants to be just like his big sister. But while telling him goodnight Hannah put her arms around him and said "I love you Nick, you're my best friend." What better example could I ask for?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! That is so cool that you let him be who he is! I have the same thing with my daughter wanting to be like a boy! He is so handsome and beautiful!

Lori said...

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think Nick's identity crisis is the cutest thing EVER! He looks absolutely breathtaking in his evening Princess wear ... just stunning! I've never seen someone be able to pull off blue satin like he does, it's unbelievable. Those two have the most precious little relationship, how adorable!

The Yates Family said...

That's so great that Hannah and Nick are such buddies. I love the curlers! Now, if you can just get Keith to jump in with them...

Fausett Family said...

The curler picture is priceless. One day Hannah will pull those pictures out to show some girl he really likes.

The Yates Family said...

Hey, whenever you guys are ready for BBQ, we are ready. We are going to be around for the 4th of July if you guys are! BBQ and Swimming?

Unknown said...

haha, those really make me laugh. He is so funny. That's pretty special that he wants to be just like Hannah. He's going to love these pictures when he gets older! :)