Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Grandma Dottie

We lost Keith's mom, Grandma Dottie, in January after her long battle with cancer.
 I think she was holding on to meet sweet baby Elle!  We know she's in a better place and out of pain and we are grateful for this blessing!  We have no doubt she is a great missionary right now in heaven teaching other spirits the gospel.
 I'm most sad for my kids who will miss her and not have the opportunity to have Grandma so close while they are growing up.  But Hannah (who remembers her best) says she'll help me tell the others about her!
 My sweet family was very supportive and sent these flowers to her funeral.  It was so cold that day but one we will remember well.  We rang bells in honor of her.  She collected bell ornaments.
I guess one side benefit of being so behind on your blog is that I get to fast forward to the present and let you all know we've decided to purchase her home.  We are in the process of remodeling it and when it's all done it will be beautiful!  The kids are excited to grow up where Daddy did and to walk to school.  I hope Dottie approves of our choices. We hope to move in by the end of September.  I'll get to that post in time, I'm sure. :)   We love and miss you Grandma!

0 comments: