Wednesday, August 21, 2013

We love Elle!

I have sooo many pictures of my kids holding Elle!  In the beginning they were constantly asking to hold her and would do so for a really long time.  I remember feeling jealous and saying no sometimes because I felt like I never got to hold her! :) I'm guess I should just be grateful they love her so much!
 Elle has been such a fantastic baby!  I truly have never met a more mellow, sweet natured soul.  She is so tolerant of the other kids and lights up when they come in the room.
 
She has been such a fabulous & welcome addition to our family!  She really has been a complete and utter joy!  I am trying to savor every second but she gets big so fast and it's a little bittersweet! 

 I am convinced she remembers this one from heaven.  They really have a special bond and Jack is so careful and sweet with her.
I suppose I should be happy that we are ending it all on such a high note! 
 Who would have thought that the biggest fights at our house lately are about who gets to hold her more?  It's not so bad! 
 I really wish Jack would get a few things right though.  He keeps saying about Elle. "He's my best friend and I love him!", "Awww he's so cute!" &"Oh he's waking up!"  He gets that she's a girl and his sister but is a little confused about those pronouns! :)
 She's on the tiny side but I secretly love it!  It makes her seems like she's a baby for longer.  She wore her newborn clothes for almost a month!
 It's been fun to put her in some of Hannah's old clothes.  But it's also fun to put her in new clothes too! It's like having a real life doll!

 She hardly ever cries! 
 And she is such a good sleeper and eater!
 I have absolutely zero complaints, except not getting enough time with her to myself!
I think she's my blessing for not killing her brother! :)
 And this is my absolute favorite!  When she falls asleep on my should like a little peanut.  Time stops and I sit back and enjoy the moment.  Nothing else matters.  My sister had a little poem in her nursery that said something along the lines of "Quite down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.  I'm rocking my baby & babies don't keep!" 
I don't think it's possible to love you more than we do Miss Elle!  Stop growing, really I mean it! 

0 comments: